Welcome to the HI Beer Blast, your weekly guide to what’s new at Hawaii’s best craft beer bars, restaurants, brewpubs and more. You’ll also find info on local beer events. New blasts go out every week on Thursdays.
UPDATED: Thursday, February 7
- JW Lees Harvest ’11 Barley Wine matured in Lagavulin casks
- De Glazen Toren Jan de Lichte Imperial White Ale
- Maui Brewing Aloha B’ak’tun Beligian Stout with Chocolate and Spices
Very limited supplies of these incredibly hard to find Belgian Lambics. If you are looking to try some of the best sour beers produced in the world stop by and pick up a bottle.
- Cantillon Mamouche
- Cantillon Fou’ Foune
- Brouwerij Fonteinen Oude Geuze
Great beers in stock for Valentine’s Day:
- Young’s Double Chocolate Stout
- Dieu du Ciel Rosee d’Hibiscus
- Echigo Red Ale
2. Pint & Jigger
New Beers: All on tap tonight!
- Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barley Wine
- Goose Island IPA
- Coronado Hibiscus IPA
3. Real a Gastropub
- Aloha Farmhouse Ale
- Sierra Nevada Narwhal Imperial Stout
- Goose Island 312 Urban Wheat
- Ballast Point Sculpin IPA
- Haandbryggeriet Odin’s Tipple – an 11% abv, dark stout with notes of chocolate and coffee.
- Haandbryggeriet Krekling – a fruity and refreshing fruit ale made with lots of these small berries picked at Finnmarksvidda up in the very north of Norway.
- Haandbryggeriet Hesjeøl – a traditional Norwegian farmhouse harvest ale.
- Haandbryggeriet Norwegian Wood – a traditional Norwegian smoked ale spiced with juniper twigs and berries.
Discover Kakaako: Saturday, February 9th from 5-9pm. Come visit REAL at the DISCOVER KAKAAKO event in the parking lot across from Ward Theaters. REAL will be operating the BIERGARDEN. Come enjoy some tasty craft beers or a cocktail and enjoy the festivities.
Barrel Age Beer Tasting: Monday, February 11th from 6:30-7:30pm. A great way to discover 5 different bottle conditioned Barrel-Aged Beers, with discussion by Grant Curlow, Hawaii’s only Certified Cicerone. Beer list chosen by Beverage Director, Tony Raso, and Grant Curlow of Southern Wine and Spirits. 44 tickets available at $25 per guest. Due to the limited seating of this event, tickets are non-refundable.
- Harviestoun 16 year
- JW Lees Harvest Ale Sherry Cask
- Hitachino Nest XH
- Sam Smith Stingo
- Petrus Aged Pale
Tap Takeover: Tuesday, February, 12th. De Struise Brouwers
- Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA
5. Bar 35
Wednesday, February 13 – House of Brews – Date Night Beers. Each week a different theme and EIGHT different beers to be tasted. Andy Baker, Hawaii’s own encyclopedia of all things beer, is on hand to explain and enlighten. Tasting includes Chef Valentini’s pizza. Majority of tastings run $25 per person.
Beer808.com has a list of upcoming events that you could add.
Thanks! We’ll be sure to add those places in the next blast.