Welcome to the HI Beer Blast, your weekly guide to what’s new at Hawaii’s best craft beer bars, restaurants, brewpubs and more. You’ll also find info on local beer events. New blasts go out every week on Thursdays.
1. Real A Gastropub
- Big Island Brewhaus hoptopius
- Deschutes pine drops IPA
- 8 wired fresh hop IPA
- ToØl final frontier IIPA
- Dieu du Ciel corne du diable
Monday, April 14 – Hop Heaven – IPA Tasting $25
- Deschutes Brewing Mirror Mirror
- Sierra Nevada Single Hop IPA (291)
- Humboldt Brewing Nectar IPA
- Humboldt Brewing Brown Hemp Ale
- Heretic Chocolate Hazelnut Porter
- Humbolt Brown Ale with Hemp
- Humbolt Nectar IPA
- Humbolt Red Nectar Ale
- Deschutes Armory XPA
- Deschutes Cinder Cone Red Ale
- Hitachino White Ale
4. Bar 35
Events: Wednesday, April 16th – Beer U/Undergraduate. Each week a different theme and EIGHT different beers to be tasted. Andy Baker, Hawaii’s own encyclopedia of all things beer, is on hand to explain and enlighten. Tasting includes Chef Valentini’s pizza. Majority of tastings run $25 per person.
5. Whole Foods Kailua
- Humboldt – Red/ IPA / Hemp
- Heretic Brewing – Evil Cousin / Shallow Grave / Evil Twin
- J.K. Northern Neighbor Saskatoon Cuvee Cider
- Ace – Honey Crisp Cider / Perry Cider
- Bison- Organic Chocolate Stout / Hop Cuvee
6. Maui Brewing Company Pub
Thurs. 4/17 – 11:30am-1pm Maui Brewing Co. Kahana Brewpub.
Beer School! Topic: IPAs. $15pp includes beer sampling and light food pairings. Seating is limited, please call brewpub for more details.
7. Kauai Beer Company
- Tropical Armadillo, Pale Ale
- I.P.Aloha, Honey IPA