Welcome to the HI Beer Blast, your weekly guide to what’s new at Hawaii’s best craft beer bars, restaurants, brewpubs and more. You’ll also find info on local beer events. New blasts go out every week on Thursdays.
1. Real a Gastropub
- De Molen Blood, Sweat and Tears Smoked Stout
- Ballast Point Victory at Sea Imperial Porter with Coffee and Vanilla
- Sam Adams White Lantern Witbier
- Sierra Nevada Blindfold Black IPA
- Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA on Cask
Tap Takeover: Tuesday, March 19th. Coronado Brewing Company. We are going big with Coronado pouring a few beers that haven’t even made it to paradise yet.
2. Liquor Collection
- Samuel Adams White Lantern
- Angry Orchard Elderflower
- Guinness (Duh, it’s St. Patrick’s Day)
Events: St. Patrick’s Day, Sunday, March 17th.
4. Bar 35
Wednesday, March 20th – House of Brews – Early Spring Beers. Each week a different theme and EIGHT different beers to be tasted. Andy Baker, Hawaii’s own encyclopedia of all things beer, is on hand to explain and enlighten. Tasting includes Chef Valentini’s pizza. Majority of tastings run $25 per person.
5. Humpy’s Kona
- Rogue Irish Style Lager
- Maui/Dogfish Head Liquid Breadfruit
- Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye
- Deschutes River Session Ale
- Big Island Brewhaus White Mountain Porter
Beers with an Irish Flare!
- Porterhouse Oyster Stout
- Guinness Foreign Extra Stout
- Moylans Dragoons Dry Irish Stout