Welcome to the HI Beer Blast, your weekly guide to what’s new at Hawaii’s best craft beer bars, restaurants, brewpubs and more. You’ll also find info on local beer events. New blasts go out every week on Thursdays.
1. Real A Gastropub
- Liepziger Gose (first shipment to Hawaii)
- Ballast Point Sculpin
- Ridgeway Bad King John (first shipment to Hawaii)
- Deschutes Armory
- Aecht Schlenkerla Helles (first shipment to Hawaii)
- Trois Dames Oude Bruin
Tuesday, July 16, 2013
2:00 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.
REAL a gastropub has a team member that was suddenly struck with a very rare disease called Guillain-Barré Syndrome. Thirty one year old Jon-Paul Alvidrez, or better known as JP, was on vacation in Boston in May when he experienced complete numbness in his arms and legs. He spent 10 days in the hospital and was only recently able to return to Oahu. Needless to say, he has exorbitant medical expenses so we would like to assist our “brother” and friend.
10% of all sales, and 100% of a Kona kegs sales will be donated to JP to assist with his medical bills.
2. Bar 35
Wednesday, July 3 – House of Brews – American IPAs. Each week a different theme and EIGHT different beers to be tasted. Andy Baker, Hawaii’s own encyclopedia of all things beer, is on hand to explain and enlighten. Tasting includes Chef Valentini’s pizza. Majority of tastings run $25 per person.
- Iron Fist Velvet Glove Imperial Stout
- St. Bernardus Prior 8
- Brasserie des Rocs Tripel Imperiale
4. Liquor Collection
- Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA
- Deschutes Black Butte XXV
- Widmer Marionberry Hibiscus Gose
5. Bonzer Front
- Wells Banana Beer
- Iron Fist Dubbel Fisted
- Iron Fist Uprising Tripel IPA
- Iron Fist Velvet Glove Imperial IPA
- Big Island Brewhaus Golden Sabbath
6. The Feral Pig
- Maui Brewing Company’s Lemongrass Saison
- Sierra Nevada’s Southern Hemisphere Harvest
7. 12th Ave. Grill
On July 15th, 12th Ave Grill will be serving two Blackboard Specials that are inspired by and meant to be paired with Big Island Brewhaus’ Golden Sabbath, Belgian-style ale with local honey. Large Plate Blackboard Special will be Braised Big Island Fennel + Saffron Cioppino with Clams, Mussels, Shrimp + Local Fish. Dessert Blackboard Special will be Manoa Honey Pot de Creme with Caramelized Plum Compote.
On this night, 12th Ave Grill is giving back to the community. For each bottle of Big Island Brewhaus Golden Sabbath, Cioppino & Pot de Creme sold, 12th Ave Grill is donating a dollar to Hawaii Literacy (www.hawaiiliteracy.org).
Please call 808.732.9469 for reservations.
8. The Wine Stop
- Deschutes Chain Breaker White IPA
- Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale
- Deschutes Obsidian Stout
- Deschutes Inversion IPA
- Crispin Hard Cider
- Fox Barrel Hard Cider
- Strong Bow Hard Cider
Complementary tastings every Saturday from 1:00 to 5:00pm
- Big Island Brewhaus Holy Humulus (Whole Cone IPA)
- Big Island Brewhaus White Mountain Porter- Bottle
- Big Island Brewhaus Overboard IPA- Bottle
- Big Island Brewhaus Golden Sabbath- Bottle
- Ballast Point Big Eye IPA
- Ballast Point Sculpin IPA
- Ballast Point Victory at Sea Imperial Porter
- Clown Shoes Brown Angel Double Brown Ale- Bottle
- Clown Shoes Muffin Top Belgian Trippel IPA- Bottle
- Clown Shoes Vampire Slayer Imperial American Stout- Bottle
- Maui CoCoNut Porter
- Rogue Farms OREgasmic Pale Ale
- Rogue XS Dead Guy- Bottle
- Samuel Adams Summer Ale
- Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine
Out with the old in with the new- Thursday, July, 18th. Here at Humpy’s we are bidding A Hui Hou to our Beer Czar Bill Carl and welcoming in a new regime with Jon Alford. Bill and Jon have worked together to throw an epic beer bash for you! Come and see what’s new and exciting on draught as we bid Aloha to Bill and welcome Jon with open arms.