Welcome to the HI Beer Blast, your weekly guide to what’s new at Hawaii’s best craft beer bars, restaurants, brewpubs and more. You’ll also find info on local beer events. New blasts go out every week on Thursdays.
1. Real A Gastropub
- Page 24 Ambree
- To ØL Yeastus Christus
- Beer Here Dark Hops
- Naparbier Hop Doom
- Naparbier Naparpils
- Naparbier ZZ+ Amber
- Freigeist Geisterzug Gose
- Freigeist Ottekolong Kölsch
Tuesday March 25th is a Naparbier and Freigeist Tap Attack
2. Monkeypod Kitchen Ko’ Olina
- Goose Island Sofie
- Left Coast Brewing Co. ‘Una Mas’
- Iron Fist Brewing Company ‘Nelson the Impaler’ (should be in next week)
- Deschutes ‘Red Chair’ Nitro
- FiftyFifty ‘Ecipse’ – just rolled out the Makers Mark barrel aged and are going through them quickly. (bottle)
3. Kona Brewing Koko Marina Pub
- ‘Auana Ale – ABV: 5.4% IBU: 33.5 – Contemporary evolution of our Hula Hefeweizen. Different yeast strain and a touch of dry hopping. Great to try side by side with the Hula Hef!
- Lemongrass Luau – ABV: 5.8% IBU: 15 – A crisp refreshing blonde ale brewed with Maui Turbinado sugar, Big Island Ginger and Lemongrass. The hops lend layers of earthy complexity that complement the raw sugar.
- Whale – ABV: 6% IBU: 39 – A refreshing hybrid style ale with the full palate of a wheat beer mixed with the hoppy characteristics of a pale ale. Brewed to welcome the Humpback whales to Hawai’i!
- Sandi (Mai’a) Dunkel – ABV: 4.5% IBU: 18 – A naturally cloudy Dunkelweizen reminicent of banana bread. Mai’a, meaning banana, is the perfect name for this beer which is full of toasty, caramel and banana flavors.
Friday- T&J Duo from 7-9
Saturday- Alex Oasay from 7-9
Sunday- Ledward Ka’apana from 6:30-8:30
4. Bar 35
Events: Wednesday, March 19th – Ides of March. Each week a different theme and EIGHT different beers to be tasted. Andy Baker, Hawaii’s own encyclopedia of all things beer, is on hand to explain and enlighten. Tasting includes Chef Valentini’s pizza. Majority of tastings run $25 per person.
5. Tamura’s Waialae
- Rogue Monk Seal Ale
- Coronado Cigar City Jurata
- Deschutes Mirror Mirror (3/24)
6. Liquor Collection
- Coronado Jurata Baltic Porter
- Abbaye St. Bon-Chien 2006
- Hanssens Oud Geuze
- St. Sebastiaan Grand Reserve
- Unibroue Don de Dieu
7. Big Island Brewhaus
- Irie Irish Stout – Our version of a dry Irish stout is one of our most popularly anticipated seasonal releases. Smooth, loaded with flavor, served on Nitro – 4.5 % alc/vol. 20 IBU
8. Bonzer Front
- Sierra Nevada 4 Way IPA packs
- Rogue XS
- Rogue Voodoo
- Rogue Imperial
Beer Tasting, Saturday the 22nd from 5-7 featuring Sierra 4 Way IPA and Heretic Brewing.
9. Maui Brewing Company Pub
- La perouse white – Belgian witbier with local tangerines
- Hot blonde – Helles lager with chipotle
- Haleakala Sunryes – rye ipa
- Dry stout – on nitro
- Imperial coconut porter
- Maibock – strong lager
3/28 – benefit night. Mbc pub hosts the huliau foundation in this month’s community pint night. Proceeds of pint sales from 6pm-close will be donated to this nonprofit organization.
4/1 – speakeasy night. Mbc pub is celebrating the release of a new beer cocktail and whiskey list with a night of prohibition-style partying. 9-midnight. No cover.
10. Whole Foods Kailua
- Red Hook KCCO Black Lager
- Coronado Cigar City Jurata
- Rogue Monk Seal Ale ( Limited 110th Anniversary Celebrating the Waikiki Aquarium)
- Rogue Farms 7 Hop IPA
11. The Feral Pig
- Rouge Farms Good Chit Pilsner
- Kilkenney Irish Cream Ale
- Kauai Beer Co. Kokobopo (chocolate, bourbon porter)
12. St. Regis Princeville, Kauai
Monday, March 24th – Nalu Kai restaurant in the St. Regis Princeville – 8 course beer pairing dinner Only $75
Menu and pairings here.