Welcome to the HI Beer Blast, your weekly guide to what’s new at Hawaii’s best craft beer bars, restaurants, brewpubs and more. You’ll also find info on local beer events. New blasts go out every week on Thursdays.
- Pacific Breach HPA :Hawaiian Pale Ale
- Sam Adams Double Agent IPL : American Pale Lager
- Sam Adams White Lantern: Witbier
2. Real a Gastropub
- Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA on cask
- Goose Island Honkers Ale
- Unibroue Trois Pistoles
- Sierre Nevada Barrel Aged Bigfoot Barleywine 750ml bottle
Tap Takeover: Tuesday, March 5th. Anderson Valley Brewing Company
3. Liquor Collection
- Goose Island IPA
- Goose Island Honker’s Ale
- Mad River Serious Madness Black Ale
- Widmer O’Ryely IPA
- Angry Orchard Apple Ginger
FREE Moylan’s and New Planet beer tasting. Friday, March 1, from 5:30 – 8:30 pm. Must be 21 with ID
- Deschutes Red Chair NWPA
- Deschutes Armory XPA
- Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
5. Bar 35
Wednesday, March 6th – House of Brews – West Coast Ale Trail. Each week a different theme and EIGHT different beers to be tasted. Andy Baker, Hawaii’s own encyclopedia of all things beer, is on hand to explain and enlighten. Tasting includes Chef Valentini’s pizza. Majority of tastings run $25 per person.
6. Bonzer Front
- Professor Briem 1809 Berliner Weisse, Germany
- Stift Engelszell Gregorius, Austria
7. Pint + Jigger
- Samuel Adams Double Agent IPL draft
- Maui Aloha B’ak’tun Stout draft
- Baird Angry Boy Brown Ale
New Bottles – Very Exclusive
- Sierra Nevada Barrel Aged BigFoot 750ml
- Abbaye de Saint Bon-Chien (2011 vintage) 25.36fl oz
- Big Island Brewhaus White Mountain Porter
- Coronado/Maui Hibiscus IPA
- Ballast Point Victory at Sea
- Maui Aloha Ba’k’tun
- Hawai’i Nui Tsunami IPA
March 1st: Guinness, Humpy’s and The Dennis Leary Firefighters Foundation Fundraiser. $3 pints of Guinness from 5-7 with all proceeds going towards HI County Firefighters.
BIG ISLAND BEER WEEK–
Tuesday March 5th– Hawai’i Nui/Mehana Mini Tap Takeover and Pub Quiz Tasting. Our first event of BIG ISLAND BEER WEEK will be with the Big Island’s own Hawaii Nui/Mehana Breweries. We will be having a beer themed Pub Quiz beginning at 7:30PM with FREE tastings of HNui/Mehana beers through out the night.
Wednesday March 6th– Big Island Beer Week Beer Dinner with Grant Curlow. Grant Curlow, Hawaii’s only Certified Cicerone and BJCP judge, will be hosting our Annual Beer Dinner on Wednesday at 7:30PM. Grant has brought some Amazing beers to the Island that will Wow you and your palate. Add that to our 5 course dinner and you will have a night to remember. Call 324-BEER to make a reservation today!
Thursday March 7th– Big Island Brewhaus Mini Tap Takeover. Tom Kearns and his crew will be on Ali’i Dr tasting his award winning beers from Waimea, HI. Come meet Tom and his crew while tasting his brews including the new collaboration with Caldera Brewing Company Red Sea of Cacao. This unique beer was inspired by a Salted Chocolate Caramel bar and is brewed with Himalayan Pink Sea Salt, Christmas Berry, Molasses and Imported Chocolate.