Welcome to the HI Beer Blast, your weekly guide to what’s new at Hawaii’s best craft beer bars, restaurants, brewpubs and more. You’ll also find info on local beer events. New blasts go out every week on Thursdays.
1. Real A Gastropub
- Mikkeller Spontancassis
- Brewfist Fear Milk Stout
- Maui Lahaina Town Brown
- Rogue Kolohe No Ka Oi IPA
- Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere
- Haandbryggeriet Norse Porter (bottle)
- De Ranke XXX Bitter (bottle)
- Thornbridge St Petersburg (bottle)
- St. Somewhere Pays Du Soleil (bottle)
- No-Li Borned & Raised IPA (bottle)
November 12th we’re holding an event for Oahu’s SPCA to support the prevention of pet cruelty. 10% of our proceeds for the day will be donated along with pets to be adopted on our Lanai.
2. Yard House Waikiki
New year round beers! Also check out the Yard House Chalkboard Beer Series here with the live feed of what’s available!
- Ayinger Bräu-Weisse – Bavarian Weissebier
- Ayinger Celebrator – Doppelbock
- Ballast Point Wahoo Wheat – White Ale
- Deschutes Rotating – Styles Vary
- Duchesse de Bourgogne – Sour Ale
- Iron Fist Hired Hand – Saison
- Kilkenny Irish Cream Ale – Irish Ale
- La Caracole Saxo Blonde – Belgian Strong Ale
- Modelo Especial – Pale Lager
- Samuel Adams Seasonal – Styles Vary
- Sierra Nevada Rotating – Styles Vary
- St. Bernardus Abt. 12 – Belgian Quadrupel
- St. Bernardus Tripel – Belgian Tripel
- Well’s Banana Bread – Fruit Beer
- Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Harvest
- Maui Brewing Lahaina Town Brown Ale
- Leipziger Gose
Friday, November 15th – 6pm to 10pm – Murphy’s 26th & Sierra Nevada’s 33rd Anniversary Block Party
26 Sierra Nevada beers for 26 awesome years of Murphy’s.
- 30th Anniversary Brewers Reserve
- Shamrock ‘N Rye
- 30th Anniversary Jack and Ken’s Ale collaboration
- Murican Pilsner
- Foundation Ale
- DevESTATEtion Ale (only keg in Hawaii, replacing this year’s Chico Estate)
- Clean Sweep
- Red RYEot
- Soriachi Solstice
- 2 Ovilas
- Vienna Lager
- Foam Pilsner
- Best Bitter Ale
- Audition Session IPA
- Big Foot
- Brown Ale
- Blonde Ale
- Ruthless Rye
- Belgian Black IPA
4. Bar 35
Events: Wednesday, November 13 – House of Brews Ciders and Perries. Each week a different theme and EIGHT different beers to be tasted. Andy Baker, Hawaii’s own encyclopedia of all things beer, is on hand to explain and enlighten. Tasting includes Chef Valentini’s pizza. Majority of tastings run $25 per person.
5. Big Island Brewhaus
The long anticipated release of our Autumn seasonal:
BIG MAC NUT BROWN ALE 6.4% abv 35 IBU Style: Brown Ale Our ever popular Autumn seasonal release. This smooth brown ale is brewed with 6 types of barley along with and Toasted Mac Nuts (all Big Island Grown) and a nice dose of molasses to add some rich, silky, nutty flavors.
Coming out on draft only at the Brewhaus this week.
6. The Feral Pig
- Draft Iron Fist Renegade Blonde
- Maui Brewing Pau Hana Pilsner
- Big Island Brewhaus Holy Humulus (bottle)
Book Release Dinner
We are very honored to be celebrating the new book by Marta Lane “Tasting Kauai Kauai Restaurants: From Food Trucks to Fine Dining: A Guide to Eating Well on the Garden Island”
The $95 all inclusive meal will begin at 6:30 with a half hour meet and greet with the author and her husband the photographer for the book.
At 7:00 we will all sit down to a five-course meal, each featuring a different farm on the island, a representative from each farm will be at the dinner to talk briefly about what they have produced in the course.
Each course will be paired with either local beer, a cocktail or wine.
Also on display will be photographs from Dan Lane, and we will raffle off one of Dan’s landscapes that evening.
For more information, check out our Facebook page or call the restaurant at 808 246-1100.