Welcome to the HI Beer Blast, your weekly guide to what’s new at Hawaii’s best craft beer bars, restaurants, brewpubs and more. You’ll also find info on local beer events. New blasts go out every week on Thursdays.
1. Real A Gastropub
- Coronado Stupid Stout – 22oz Seasonal
- Coronado/Maui Brewing Hibiscus IPA – Bottle and Draft Special Release
- Ayinger Celebrator Dopplebock – Draft
- Rogue Santa’s Reserve – 22oz
- Birrificio Grado Plato Chocarrubica – 500ml Flip Top
- Angry Orchard Cinnful Apple Cider – 12oz Seasonal
- Samuel Adams Utopias – 2oz pours
- Deschutes twilight
- Sierra Nevada flipside
- Anderson Valley Mowkeef saison
- Coronado orange ave
- Lost coast winterbraun
- Anderson valley winter solstice
- Typhoon Haiyan Relief – Select kegs from our brewery friends – $10.00 pints with 100% of proceeds going to Typhoon Relief. EVERYDAY!
- Rogue Beer Dinner with Jack Joyce- Monday, Dec 2nd, 2013 $50.00 inclusive – Four Course
- Rogue Total Tap Takeover – Tuesday, Dec 3rd, 2013 – 25 Drafts and 2 Casks
2. Whole Foods Kailua
- St. Bernardus Deluxe Tasting Set (includes 2 x Tripel 2 x ABT 12 2 x Prior 8 & 2 glasses)
- 2012 Straffe Hendrick Heritage Quad
- Delirium Tremens
- Sierra Nevada Ovila Abbey Saison
- Sierra Nevada Harvest Ale
- Chimay Gift Sets
- Samuel Smiths Gift Sets
- Sam Adams Utopias (only 3 bottles in stock)
- Sierra Nevada Celebration
- No-Li ESB, Pale Ale, IPA
- Sam Adams Tetravis
- Straffe Hendrik 2012 Heritage
3. Pint + Jigger
- Red Hook Winter Hook 6% ABV 16oz
- Ballast Point Smoked Lager called Abandon Ship Rauchbier 6.1% ABV, 12oz
- Anderson Valley Boont Amber Ale 5.8% ABV 16oz
- Sierra Celebration American IPA 6.8% ABV 16oz
4. Bar 35
Events: Wednesday, November 27 – VERY SPECIAL House of Brews! ROGUE NIGHT featuring Rogue’s very own Jack Joyce. EIGHT different beers Rogue beers will be sampled and Rogue’s founder, Jack Joyce will be on hand to answer questions about the beer, the brewery, or anything else Rogue related. Andy Baker, Hawaii’s own encyclopedia of all things beer, will be on hand to guide the tasting and answer other questions. Tasting includes Chef Valentini’s pizza. $25 per person.
5. Brasserie Du Vin
The Brewer’s Table at Brasserie Du Vin
6pm Friday, November 22
Social beer: Stella Atrois
First course: Snow crab salad with baby frisée on a crispy sweet potato chip, and topped with a citrus Hollandaise
Paired with Unibroue Blanche de Chambly
Second course: Roasted goose with spiced pumpkin risotto with a sage chimichurri
Paired with Big Island Brewhaus Golden Sabbath
Third course: Grilled venison with a blackberry demi sauce, braised root vegetables and sautéed watercress
Paired with Chimay Première (“Red”)
Dessert: Pear and almond cheesecake
Paired with Ace Perry
$50 per person, does not include tax or gratuity.
By reservation only.
Brasserie Du Vin: (808) 545-1115
6. 12th Ave. Grill
- Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Harvest (draft)
- Samuel Adams Barrel Aged New World Triple (draft)
- Rogue XS Russian Imperial Stout (draft)
- Deschutes Abyss (bottle)
The first 12th Ave Beer Society Bottle Sharing event was definitely one to remember. We are doing it again onSunday, December 1, 2013 at 7:00 pm. This time, we will be serving a Family-Style Clambake since it’s always Summer in Hawaii. Bring your specialty, hand-crafted, not-available-in-Hawaii beers again.
Each guest must bring at least one large bottle or two smaller bottles. You will be invited to open the beer(s) that you brought and pour for the group.
Eat, drink and be merry.
Tickets must be purchased in advance and are all-inclusive. $39.00 per person, plus tax and service charge.
- Sierra Neveda Celebration Ale
- Coronado Stupid Stout
- Delerium Nocturnum
- Delerium Tremens
8. Bonzer Front
- Sam Smith Winter Welcome
- Sierra Nevada Celebration
- Sierra S. Hemisphere Harvest
- Alley Cat Amber. Lost Coast
- Great White 22oz. Lost Coast
- Mermaid Red Coronado
- Stupid Stout 22oz. Coronado
- Sierra Nevada Celebration IPA
- Maui Brewing Kula Pumpkin
- Maui Brewing Pau Hana Pilsner
- Wider Bros Brewing Brrrrrr!