Welcome to the HI Beer Blast, your weekly guide to what’s new at Hawaii’s best craft beer bars, restaurants, brewpubs and more. You’ll also find info on local beer events. New blasts go out every week on Thursdays.
1. Real A Gastropub
- Maui Island Hopped Red
- Coronado Hoppy Daze
- Big Island Brewhaus Overboard IPA Cask
- 8 wired Saison Sauvin (Bottle)
- Mikkeller P1 Radio Pilsner (Bottle)
- Struise Elliot Brew (Bottle)
- Xbeeriment Madraz (Bottle)
Monday, February 10th, we have our “Fade to Black” Beer Tasting in honor of National Stout Month. $25 limited seating at 6:30PM. Reservations required.
Tuesday, February 11th, we will be hosting a Big Island Brewhaus Tap Attack with Tommy Kerns here to help tap the Overboard IPA Cask. Cask Conditioned Overboard IPA, Hoptopias Imperial IPA, The Red Sea of Cacao, Red Giant and perhaps a couple others.
- Ballast Point Steamboat Black Lager
- Coronado Brewing Hoppy Daze
- Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye
- Sam Adams Cold Snap
- Maui Brewing Dry Hopped Red
3. Pint + Jigger
- Moylens Imperial Stout 10%abv
- Deschutes Hop Henge Experimental IPA 9.3% abv
- North Coast Brewing Old Rasputin on Nitro 9%abv
- Sierra Bigfoot Barleywine 9.6%abv
4. Bar 35
Events: Wednesday, February 13th – House of Brews Strawberries, Chocolates and Reds. Each week a different theme and EIGHT different beers to be tasted. Andy Baker, Hawaii’s own encyclopedia of all things beer, is on hand to explain and enlighten. Tasting includes Chef Valentini’s pizza. Majority of tastings run $25 per person.
5. Monkeypod Kitchen Wailea
Stone Brewing Tap Takeover w/ Greg Koch
February 13, 2014 at 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Monkeypod Kitchen, Wailea Ike Drive, Kihei, HI, United States
Featuring twelve beers from this world-class craft brewery, many of which have never been available in Hawaii. Supplies are limited and each beer will be served only until the kegs are empty! Come join us for some delicious handcrafted cuisine and amazing beer. For information call (808 ) 891-2322 or email Jason@monkeypodkitchen.com