Welcome to the HI Beer Blast, your weekly guide to what’s new at Hawaii’s best craft beer bars, restaurants, brewpubs and more. You’ll also find info on local beer events. New blasts go out every week on Thursdays.
- Ballast Point Piper Down Scottish Ale
- Left Coast Voodoo Stout,
- Coronado Orange Ave Wit,
- Hofstettner Aurora Dry-Hopped Kellerbier,
- Caracole Saxo Belgian Strong Ale,
- Trappistes Rochefort 6 (bottle)
- Angry Orchard Strawman (bottle)
- Omission IPA (gluten-free) (bottle)
Sierra Nevada Almost Tap Takeover. All 12 Sierra Nevada Beer Camp beers on tap, plus 2 more special beers. Wednesday, July 9th, 4pm – 2am.
2. Whole Foods Kailua
- Pilsner Urquell ( back in distro in Hawaii)
- Anderson Valley Wild Turkey Bourbon stout
- Widmer Citra Blonde
- Big Island Brewhaus Holy Hummulus
3. Kona Brewing Koko Marina Pub
- Lemongrass: ABV: 5.8% IBU: 15 Crisp refreshing blonde ale brewed with Maui turbinado sugar and fresh Big Island ginger and lemongrass. Hops lend layers of earthy complexity and subtle sweetness.
- Devyno Pale Ale: ABV: 4.6% IBU: 38 A sessionable American pale ale with citrus hop aroma and flavor with a balanced malty palate.
Events: Live Music
- Friday July 4th: Mike Tulba Duo
- Saturday July 5th: Boogie
- Sunday July 6th: Groove n Chill
4. Kauai Beer Company
- IPA 2-ways… brewed exactly the same, dry hopped differently.. IPA 1 dry hopped with Citra and Amrillo hops, IPA 2 dry hopped with Zythos and falconers flight. 48.3 ibu 5%
- Austrian Chicken.. a vienna lager. 18.4 ibus 3.5%
- Tropical Armadillo 2.0.. American Pale ale.. 40.8ibus 4.99%
- Coming soon: California Common and Red ale
5. Bar 35
Events: Wednesday, July 9th – United States Beers. Each week a different theme and EIGHT different beers to be tasted. Andy Baker, Hawaii’s own encyclopedia of all things beer, is on hand to explain and enlighten. Tasting includes Chef Valentini’s pizza. Majority of tastings run $25 per person.